My Blog List

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Performances

For 3D wash class we had three assignments that required us to do performances. I can say I am not the person to get up in front of people and do anything. I am frightened of even speaking in front of people. Doing this project took a lot of time and practice. The first one was our own uncomfortable video. This video made everyone uncomfortable doing it, not making someone else that way. I truly do not believe any one wanted to do this project for the simple fact that they didn't want anyone to watch their video because they would get embarrassed. I think by the end I got over it. I had fun with it. Mine was a story about how I almost got hit by a car.

Second project was the uncomfortable video. This one had to make the audience uncomfortable. This one was a little easier. Many different things bother people. Things like showing your food while eating, throwing up, going to the bathroom, etc. Mine was me pretending to throw up a shake I was engulfing. I must say BRAIN FREEZE. I did not actually throw anything up. I held the shake in my mouth, ran to the bathroom and spit it out then made the gesture of throwing up and poured water into the toilet to make it actually look like i was throwing up all the shake a just ate. My friend videoed it and he had a blast.

Third project was to get up in front of everyone and do a live performance. I can say that was very hard to do. I helped out with Hunter's project on Wednesday. Then on Friday it was my turn to go. Nervous does not describe how I felt. I got out there and did my performance. My prop was my MP3 player and my word was distraction. Now for all of you reading I actually did not pay any attention to the noise outside. I drowned every thing out once i sat down. I never knew that stuff was going on outside until Bill pointed it out. Now the faces and the gestures part of it. I guess i got lucky that day with the noises.

No comments:

Post a Comment