My Blog List

Monday, October 18, 2010

Mark making at its best.

For our second project we had to create marks and come up with some very interesting yet new ways to make them. Not using your everyday ink or painting devices, we had to create a device that would work to make marks. Think inking was very interesting to me. I have never inked while holding something in my mouth and using that as the tool to make marks. I have also never used air or wind as the source of my tool. While making all these marks and using different tools I came up with the device that I would create to make marks. I started out by using just one simple fork in class, then that gave me the idea of using more then just one. While in class trying to put together four forks to make this device, I realized that just stringing them together was not a great solution. So then I thought about gluing them to something so that the forks can be drug across the paper better. I used the flat side of clothes pins for that. Then I was going through some of my stuff one day and I saw round foam in my art supplies and I thought I could use those for wheels and turn my forks into a car that makes marks. Much to my surprise the idea worked.

Now my quote is a lyric from a song. I got the idea of using white lines on black paper to match the quote. To me it seemed very proper in the sense that it matched it very well. As I went to make copies at the place I went to I found out that they could not help me transfer the copies of black paper with bleach on them over. So coming up with a new plan I chose 5 of my other designs and copied them.

To me, 50 copies seemed like a lot, but when I got around to putting the text on the pages I realized that we needed that many to come up with a great solution. In my approach I tried every angle and every possible place to have the quote before just settling on one particular place.










No comments:

Post a Comment