My Blog List

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dot dot dot

This project is interesting. It makes you think when you are coming up with the designs. There are so many ways to put dots on a page, but when told to represent words it makes it more difficult. While I was coming up with my ideas it took some time because when I first came up with some ideas they looked like they could represent another word. But of course you are going to get that. It is hard to get one design to just represent one word if it is complex. Of course during critique only some of mine were critiqued because I was not finished, but some of the feedback I got was good. My group really liked my ideas. They thought that they were well thought out. I can say this, most of my ideas came from me just drawing. I came up with some really cool ones, but it was from me just sitting there not really thinking, but more doodling. Well when I was narrowing it down to the 16 it was hard, but I looked for differences in shape in the circles and different patterns. I looked for distinct attributes about each idea. Then when I was looking those 16 over I saw that so many of them could represent another word and I didn't want that, but like I said before it is hard to only represent one word. Picking the final 4 for me was difficult. I wanted each idea to represent that specific word well. So I analyzed each idea over and over again until I was sure on one idea for each word.

No comments:

Post a Comment